The SEOM Interactive Team
SEOM Interactive would not be what it is today without the passion and dedication of our team. Find out what makes us tick.
Mark Kennedy spent seven years trading on the floor of the Philadelphia Stock Exchange. After earning his MBA from La Salle University and passing his certified financial analyst exam, Mark entered the world of internet marketing. His financial background drives him to focus on his clients’ ROI. Mark throws himself into the results of each project, analyzing search engine data and assessing the impact each strategy has on our clients’ businesses. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Believes Randall Cunningham should be in the hall of fame, at least as a punter.
- Understands that scrapple is an acquired taste.
- Is a closet Jersey Shore fanatic
Matt has several years of experience in the pharmaceutical and medical products industries. Realizing he had a passion for small business and gravitated towards marketing, he joined SEOM Interactive as sales manager so that he could better help small businesses grow through search engine strategies.
- Thinks Green Eggs has the BEST brunch in the city
- Loves how easy and cheap it is to drive in and out of the city unlike NYC
- Will always be loyal to my sports team: Giants, Devils, Nets and Mets (even though they all currently suck)
After working as a writer and project manager at a website design agency, Janine developed an affinity for all things interactive. At SEOM Interactive, Janine leads the PPC department and spends her days developing digital strategies that impact the bottom line. From keyword research to ad writing, landing page development and PLA setups, Janine is a true PPC geek. Janine is primarily responsible for directing the overall awesomeness of SEOM.
Janine earned her Bachelor’s degree from La Salle University in Communication and Marketing. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Is obsessed with the Philadelphia Flyers, despite the fact that they disappoint her year after year.
- Will take Steve’s Steaks over Pat’s or Geno’s any day.
- Thinks that NJ is a waste of a state, and that Philly should legally adopt South Jersey as its beach suburb.
After rocking the Public Relations world, Lauren turned her focus to search engine optimization and digital marketing. Leveraging her communications background, Lauren takes traditional media principles and applies them to today’s search strategies, in addition to overseeing the SEO team & PR department. Along with Janine, Lauren helps to ensure the day-to-day operations at SEOM run as efficiently as possible and she is thrilled to see the continued growth of the company from three people to a full-service digital marketing agency.
Lauren earned her Bachelor’s degree in Strategic Communications from Temple University. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Avid sports radio listener & diehard Philly sports fan
- Loves exploring her Fishtown neighborhood
- Thinks scrapple is gross; after all, who wants to eat a food with the words “scrap” and “crap” in it?!
Director of Content
Lauren Ray is a compelling copywriter on a mission to create insightful and imaginative content for small businesses. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Entertainment and Arts Management from Drexel University and is passionate about writing and creating. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Thinks Philly radio is tops.
- Prefers the Jersey Shore.
- Loathes the parking situation in the city, but accepts the challenge of the ol’ parallel park.
After university, Kevin decided to take his talents to South Korea. Lost in a sea of blogs about the lives of other Westerners in Asia, he had his first exposure to SEO and was hooked. Kevin enjoys helping clients navigate through the Google landscape and seeing positive changes in the search results.
Kevin earned his Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Rutgers University—New Brunswick, and could destroy you with psychological power if he chooses.
- Moved backed to Philadelphia after a brief 20+ year stint in New Jersey.
- Insists the Sixers shameless tanking strategy will pay off in the long run.
- Is fluent in the Korean Language (별로 조금만).
Director of Public Relations
After working in communications and event planning, Melanie decided to focus fully on public relations. Using her communications background, Melanie develops plans for building relationships between our clients and their audiences. Melanie is passionate about writing and researching ways to gain media attention through press releases, pitches, and blog posts.
Melanie earned her Bachelor’s degree from University of Pittsburgh in Communication and her Master’s degree in Professional & Business Communication from La Salle University. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Wore Philly sports gear around Pittsburgh for four years with much pride and no fear.
- Admits that soft pretzels are the bane of her existence.
- Wrote a children’s book and is patiently waiting for her big break from the publishing world
After working for Comcast Sportsnet & the Wells Fargo Center, Matt made his way into the world of websites. At SEOM Interactive, Matt is one of our SEO Managers, where he uses his writing and communications background to provide high-quality content and positive change to his clients. Matt received his Bachelor’s degree from Temple University in Broadcasting, Telecommunications & Mass Media with a minor in General Business.
- HUGE Philly Sports Fan (Chase Utley for life <3)
- Jersey Shore Socialite
- Lover of all and any types of music
Lyndsie received her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston. She became an intern with SEOM after her triumphant return to Pennsylvania, and was hired as a full-time SEO Specialist within a few months. Lyndsie has a passion for the fast-paced and ever changing world that is digital marketing, and enjoys engaging with clients to help them achieve results.
- Swears Phillip’s in South Philly has the best cheesesteaks.
- Favorite summer treat is a Rita’s gelati with mango water ice.
- Endured criticism from Texans for saying water (wooder) properly.
Danielle leverages her background in public relations to create enticing marketing campaigns for our diverse group of clients. She has a knack for pairing a story with the right reporter. With prior experience in the sports industry and agency settings, Danielle gets our client’s noticed by the media and their audience through her tactical writing skills and creative thinking.
Danielle earned her Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations from Penn State University.
- Discovered Chase Utley before he was a starter so is clearly his true number one fan.
- Dreams about eating at every restaurant in the city at least once.
- Convinced you could be anywhere in the world and find a Philly connection.
While working at a web agency, Brian developed a passion for digital marketing. At SEOM Interactive. Brian supports the SEO team by executing work for various clients. He is also the go-to guy for building new furniture and hanging whiteboards.
Brian earned his Bachelor’s Degree from Millersville University in Speech Communication option Broadcasting with a minor in Graphic Communications.
- Visiting the TLA and the Electric Factory to see Motion City Soundtrack (he’s seen them 29 times).
- Jim’s Steaks. Get extra Whiz.
- Hockey. Specifically, the Philadelphia Flyers, although he’s not ashamed to admit his love for the Chicago Blackhawks, too.
Robert earned his Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies and Production from Temple University’s School of Media and Communication. As an SEO Associate, he brings his professional experience in communications, social media and creative writing. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Finds something new to love about the city, no matter how many times he explores it.
- Thinks that Pizzeria Stella has the best pizza in Philadelphia.
- Still a die-hard Sixers fan despite how painful they are to watch.
After working as the web intern at Philadelphia Magazine and for the Philly marketing agency i-g Creative, Nicole discovered a passion for digital marketing and SEO. She is excited to bring her writing and web skills to support the SEO staff at SEOM Interactive.
Nicole earned her Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from Temple University. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Phillies games (goes every year on her birthday).
- Exploring Passyunk Ave.
- Wawa hoagies.
Josh earned his Bachelor’s degree in Marketing with a minor in Information Technology from Monmouth University, where he also earned his M.B.A. shortly after. He gained Digital Marketing knowledge during his employment at SEMrush where he led a team of 7 Support Specialists, and discovered his love of Paid Search.
- Wawa, plain and simple.
- In the battle between Pat’s and Geno’s, Pat’s is the clear victor.
- The city is cool and all, but the suburbs allow me to park in front of my house, in my own driveway.
Katy earned her Bachelor’s Degree from Holy Family University in English with a minor in Communications. Her prior experience in the fields of Public Relations and Marketing lead her to SEOM, where she works as an SEO Associate.
- The culture & history of the city but wishes philly had its own beach.
- Thinks soft pretzels & Rita’s water ice are an essential part of any diet.
- Is in denial that Cole Hamels is no longer on the Phillies.
Michael graduated from Rowan University with a Bachelor’s Degree in Advertising with a minor in Graphic Design. He brings his love of numbers and analytics to the SEO team. Michael enjoys multitasking, working at a high pace, and facing new challenges. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Philadelphia Flyers. Especially Ivan Provorov and Sean Couturier. Looking forward to when the current prospects join the team in the next two seasons.
- Food in Chinatown. T-Swirl Crepes and Terakawa Ramen are the go to.
- Chickie’s and Petes crab fries.
Joanie earned her Bachelor’s degree in Strategic Communications with a concentration in Public Relations from Temple University. She has gained experience working in the world of PR, Social Media, and Event Planning throughout the Philadelphia region. With the ever-growing popularity of social media marketing to create brand awareness in today’s society, she brings her love for all social platforms, writing skills, and dedication to staying on top of current trends to SEOM as the Social Media Specialist. Connect on LinkedIn.
- The Mummers Parade is by far the greatest Philadelphia tradition
- Union Transfer is my favorite music venue
- Barbuzzo has the BEST salted caramel budino
With a background in finance and tax accounting, Debbie is the perfect fit to handle all of SEOM’s financial needs. Ranging from benefits to salary and taxes, Debbie’s day is never the same. With her trusty calculator by her side, Debbie can be counted upon to answer our tricky tax questions at a moment’s notice. She also supports our SEO efforts in any way she can.
- Believes Northeast Philadelphia should be considered its own suburb
- Stops at the Pretzel Factory every Sunday before Eagles games
- Lives exactly 99.9 miles from Ocean City, NJ
This former Oklahoman loves working with the awesome people at SEOM. Jen enjoys wearing different hats in the office, helping team members on various projects, keeping everyone happy by ensuring their favorite treats are stocked, and wrangling the president’s calendar.
- Loves Chinatown in Philly, especially the ramen at Terakawa.
- Misses the convenience of city living now that she live in the suburbs, but she doesn’t miss the parking problems.
- One of these years she’ll gather enough courage to cosplay at the Subaru Sakura Festival in Fairmount Park.