The SEOM Interactive Team
SEOM Interactive would not be what it is today without the passion and dedication of our team. Find out what makes us tick.
Mark Kennedy spent seven years trading on the floor of the Philadelphia Stock Exchange. After earning his MBA from La Salle University and passing his certified financial analyst exam, Mark entered the world of internet marketing. His financial background drives him to focus on his clients’ ROI. Mark throws himself into the results of each project, analyzing search engine data and assessing the impact each strategy has on our clients’ businesses. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Believes Randall Cunningham should be in the hall of fame, at least as a punter.
- Understands that scrapple is an acquired taste.
- Is a closet Jersey Shore fanatic
Matt has several years of experience in the pharmaceutical and medical products industries. Realizing he had a passion for small business and gravitated towards marketing, he joined SEOM Interactive as sales manager so that he could better help small businesses grow through search engine strategies.
- Thinks Green Eggs has the BEST brunch in the city
- Loves how easy and cheap it is to drive in and out of the city unlike NYC
- Will always be loyal to my sports team: Giants, Devils, Nets and Mets (even though they all currently suck)
After working as a writer and project manager at a website design agency, Janine developed an affinity for all things interactive. At SEOM Interactive, Janine spends her days developing Pay Per Click (PPC) Advertising strategies. From keyword research to ad writing, landing page development and PLA setups, Janine is a true PPC geek.She also lends her writing skills to the SEO department’s content strategies. Janine is primarily responsible for directing the overall awesomeness of SEOM.
Janine earned her Bachelor’s degree from La Salle University in Communication and Marketing. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Is obsessed with the Philadelphia Flyers, despite the fact that they disappoint her year after year.
- Will take Steve’s Steaks over Pat’s or Geno’s any day.
- Thinks that NJ is a waste of a state, and that Philly should legally adopt South Jersey as its beach suburb.
After rocking the Public Relations world, Lauren turned her focus to search engine optimization and digital marketing. Leveraging her communications background, Lauren takes traditional media principles and applies them to today’s search strategies, in addition to overseeing the SEO team & PR department. Along with Janine, Lauren helps to ensure the day-to-day operations at SEOM run as efficiently as possible and she is thrilled to see the continued growth of the company from three people to a full-service digital marketing agency.
Lauren earned her Bachelor’s degree in Strategic Communications from Temple University. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Avid sports radio listener & diehard Philly sports fan
- Loves exploring her Fishtown neighborhood
- Thinks scrapple is gross; after all, who wants to eat a food with the words “scrap” and “crap” in it?!
Director of Content
Lauren Ray is an compelling copywriter on a mission to create insightful and imaginative content for small businesses. She earned her Bachelor’s degree in Entertainment and Arts Management from Drexel University and is passionate about writing and creating. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Thinks Philly radio is tops.
- Prefers the Jersey Shore.
- Loathes the parking situation in the city, but accepts the challenge of the ol’ parallel park.
After working as an in-house online marketing coordinator, Justin developed a strong passion for internet marketing. At SEOM Interactive, Justin aids in the development of PPC marketing campaigns for a variety of different clients, helping in keyword research, ad writing, and analytical reporting. Justin has a strong interest in all forms of technology and online, and is excited to be a part of the SEOM Interactive team.
Justin earned his Bachelor’s degree from Temple University in Marketing & Management Information Systems (MIS). Connect on LinkedIn.
- Goes to Tony’s happy hour every week.
- Loves all Philly sports (Eagles the most)
- Hates everything Apple. #DroidDevoted.
After university, Kevin decided to take his talents to South Korea. Lost in a sea of blogs about the lives of other Westerners in Asia, he had his first exposure to SEO and was hooked. Kevin enjoys helping clients navigate through the Google landscape and seeing positive changes in the search results.
Kevin earned his Bachelor’s degree in Psychology from Rutgers University—New Brunswick, and could destroy you with psychological power if he chooses.
- Moved backed to Philadelphia after a brief 20+ year stint in New Jersey.
- Insists the Sixers shameless tanking strategy will pay off in the long run.
- Is fluent in the Korean Language (별로 조금만).
Director of Public Relations
After working in communications and event planning, Melanie decided to focus fully on public relations. Using her communications background, Melanie develops plans for building relationships between our clients and their audiences. Melanie is passionate about writing and researching ways to gain media attention through press releases, pitches, and blog posts.
Melanie earned her Bachelor’s degree from University of Pittsburgh in Communication and her Master’s degree in Professional & Business Communication from La Salle University. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Wore Philly sports gear around Pittsburgh for four years with much pride and no fear.
- Admits that soft pretzels are the bane of her existence.
- Wrote a children’s book and is patiently waiting for her big break from the publishing world
After working for Comcast Sportsnet & the Wells Fargo Center, Matt made his way into the world of websites. At SEOM Interactive, Matt works as a SEO Specialist where he uses his writing and communications background to provide high-quality content and positive change to his clients. Matt received his Bachelor’s degree from Temple University in Broadcasting, Telecommunications & Mass Media with a minor in General Business.
- HUGE Philly Sports Fan (Chase Utley for life <3)
- Jersey Shore Socialite
- Lover of all and any types of music
Lyndsie received her Bachelor’s degree from the University of Houston. She became an intern with SEOM after her triumphant return to Pennsylvania, and was hired as a full-time SEO Specialist within a few months. Lyndsie has a passion for the fast-paced and ever changing world that is digital marketing, and enjoys engaging with clients to help them achieve results.
- Swears Phillip’s in South Philly has the best cheesesteaks.
- Favorite summer treat is a Rita’s gelati with mango water ice.
- Endured criticism from Texans for saying water (wooder) properly.
Steve received his Bachelor’s in marketing from the University of Pretoria in South Africa. When not fending off lions, he was also busy learning to build websites and getting into the nuts and bolts of technical SEO audits. Now settled in New Jersey, he enjoys helping clients navigate their way through the jungle that is Google. His love for nature knows no bounds as he welcomes the ever changing Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird algorithm updates!
- The promising USA Men’s Eagles Sevens rugby side
- All country music
- His co-workers pride for Philadelphia
Samantha earned her Bachelor of Science in Business Administration from the University of Pittsburgh. While holding various marketing roles throughout her college experience, she developed a passion for digital marketing. After graduating, she honed her skills with a small digital marketing company outside Philadelphia before joining the SEOM team.
- All the culture the city has to offer
- Wawa (Pitt really needs one)
- The sports teams (raised as a NY fan, but slowly becoming okay with cheering for Philly teams)
Danielle leverages her background in public relations to create enticing marketing campaigns. With prior experience in the sports and PR realms, Danielle is excited to create campaigns for SEOM Interactive’s clients.
Danielle earned her Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations from Penn State University.
- Discovered Chase Utley before he was a starter so is clearly his true number one fan.
- Dreams about eating at every restaurant in the city at least once.
- Convinced you could be anywhere in the world and find a Philly connection.
While working at a web agency, Brian developed a passion for digital marketing. At SEOM Interactive. Brian supports the SEO team by executing work for various clients. He is also the go-to guy for building new furniture and hanging whiteboards.
Brian earned his Bachelor’s Degree from Millersville University in Speech Communication option Broadcasting with a minor in Graphic Communications.
- Visiting the TLA and the Electric Factory to see Motion City Soundtrack (he’s seen them 29 times).
- Jim’s Steaks. Get extra Whiz.
- Hockey. Specifically, the Philadelphia Flyers, although he’s not ashamed to admit his love for the Chicago Blackhawks, too.
Robert earned his Bachelor’s degree in Media Studies and Production from Temple University’s School of Media and Communication. He has joined the SEOM Interactive team as an SEO Associate and brings professional experience in communications, social media and creative writing. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Finds something new to love about the city, no matter how many times he explores it.
- Thinks that Pizzeria Stella has the best pizza in Philadelphia.
- Still a die-hard Sixers fan despite how painful they are to watch.
A natural logophile, Aaron loves everything about words. Previously working as a web content writer, Aaron uses his passion for writing, and his ever-increasing knowledge in marketing and social media to be an integral part of the SEOM Interactive Team.
Aaron earned his degrees in Advertising and Public Relations from Rowan University. Connect with him on LinkedIn.
- Lorenzo & Sons Pizza on South Street
- Pay-What-You-Wish Sundays at Philadelphia Museum of Art
- PATCO (It’s so convenient and people watching on the train is literally the best thing ever. Also, am I from the Philly area if I’m from South Jersey?)
After working as the web intern at Philadelphia Magazine and for the Philly marketing agency i-g Creative, Nicole discovered a passion for digital marketing and SEO. She is excited to bring her writing and web skills to support the SEO staff at SEOM Interactive.
Nicole earned her Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from Temple University. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Phillies games (goes every year on her birthday).
- Exploring Passyunk Ave.
- Wawa hoagies.
Sara utilizes her social media savvy and skills to optimize results for clients. She stays up to date with the latest trends, tricks and tools on social media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, and Snapchat. Sara is constantly seeking new ways to uncover the power of social networking and the impact it has on small businesses.
Sara earned her Bachelor’s degree in Business Marketing from Kutztown University. Connect on LinkedIn.
- Loves any place with “wine bar” in the name
- Falls in love with the city at each visit to the One Liberty Observation Deck
- Swears dining at Bistro Romano is like transporting to Florence
Katy earned her Bachelor’s Degree from Holy Family University in English with a minor in Communications. Her prior experience in the fields of Public Relations and Marketing lead her to SEOM. Katy supports the SEO team by executing work for various clients.
- The culture & history of the city but wishes philly had its own beach.
- Thinks soft pretzels & Rita’s water ice are an essential part of any diet.
- Is in denial that Cole Hamels is no longer on the Phillies.
With a background in finance and tax accounting, Debbie is the perfect fit to handle all of SEOM’s financial needs. Ranging from benefits to salary and taxes, Debbie’s day is never the same. With her trusty calculator by her side, Debbie can be counted upon to answer our tricky tax questions at a moment’s notice. She also supports our SEO efforts in any way she can.
- Believes Northeast Philadelphia should be considered its own suburb
- Stops at the Pretzel Factory every Sunday before Eagles games
- Lives exactly 99.9 miles from Ocean City, NJ